In-clinic New Patient Consultation Information
Welcome to Stockton Chiropractic Clinic
We are really pleased you have chosen to take the first step towards improving your health through chiropractic care with Stockton Chiropractic clinic. We hope the following information will help you understand what to expect. If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact reception on 01642 633888.
1. PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR A FURTHER EMAIL
- If this is an Initial Assessment appointment, you’ll be sent an email from Care Response with an assessment request. Please follow the link it contains, complete the assessment and submit as soon as possible. Contact us on 01642 633888 if you do not receive this email in the next couple of hours – having first checked your junk/spam folder.
- If you are unable to complete the Care Response assessment questionnaire before coming to the clinic, please arrive 10-15 mins earlier than your appointment in order to complete it in reception. You can do this on our tablet.
- The assessment will be followed up during the course of your treatment which is a terrific aid in tracking your progress.
- We only share permission with other health professionals, such as your GP, if we believe it is in your best interest and will seek your permission to do this. Otherwise we never share any of your data.
- We will use your contact information to communicate with you about your health and treatments. This is what we would class as communication essential to treating you.
- We will separately ask you if we can use your contact information keep you up to date with clinic news that is not specific or essential to your treatment, but may be of interest. You can opt into this or not, as you wish.
3. WHAT TO EXPECT
- An Initial Assessment appointment lasts up to 1 hour and involves taking a thorough history, where we listen to you and the problems you have been experiencing, and includes and examination. It’s best if you wear loose, comfortable clothing. We will then be in a position to give you a report or our findings and discuss options, including a plan for your treatment, and a practitioner we agree will best suit your needs. The Initial Assessment appointment ensures we get to know you and your needs properly, but also ensures that treatment is appropriate and safe. So, the Initial Assessment appointment is not intended as a session for treatment. However, under some circumstances it may be possible to administer some treatment in an Initial Assessment appointment under the following conditions:
- Treatment is appropriate and right for you and your condition.
- Treatment is safe for you.
- There is sufficient time for effective treatment
- Follow-Up Treatment appointments last 20-30 minutes and are where the treatment plan agreed with you in the Initial Assessment appointments really gets underway. To start with treatment will focus on improving your ability to move, and reducing pain levels. As soon as you are feeling improved, we will focus on what you want to get back to doing and tailor the management plan, in agreement with you, to support you accordingly. Treatment may include manipulation or mobilisation of joints, as well as soft tissue work, low level laser or acupuncture alongside advice/information and exercises you can do to improve the way you move and get you back to what you love doing.
4. MEDICAL INSURANCE/HEALTH PLANS
- Chiropractic care is often covered by private medical insurance or plans.
- If you have such insurance, please check the details of you policy with your insurer to establish what you have to do to claim your treatment fees back.
- They will usually require receipts and we are very happy to issue these to support your claim.
5. DIFFICULTY ATTENDING APPOINTMENTS
- We understand that sometimes unavoidable things crop up.
- We would ask that you please let us know 24hrs before your appointment time if you need to cancel or rearrange. This helps us enable other patients on our waiting lists get an appointment as soon as possible.
- If two appointments are missed without 24hrs notice we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee (currently £20).
- We will drop patients a reminder letter after one appointment is missed without 24hrs notice. The letter is a reminder that a second missed appointment, without 24hrs notice, will incur the cancellation charge.
6. HOW TO FIND US & CAR PARKING
- The clinic is situated on the ground floor of Christine House towards the rear of the entrance lobby and is accessible.
- You can park directly outside the front of the building free of charge.
- See our contact page for a location map.
7. AND FINALLY…
Don’t hesitate to contact us on 01642 633888 if you have any questions at all, otherwise we are very much looking forward to welcoming you in clinic.